How YOGA woks In PCOS
The modern woman lives a hectic lifestyle which tends to take a toll on her health and well-being. There has been a sharp increase in gynecological disorders like PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), endometriosis, uterine prolapse, infertility issues and the like in recent times. Stress, unhealthy eating habits, lack of sleep and exercise, and genetics contribute to these endocrine disorders. Yoga can help establish equilibrium in the body and set a fine balance between the body and mind.
Mindful yoga sessions were an hour long and took place three times a week, over three months. The benefits of improved androgen levels, as well as reduced depression and anxiety, occurred in the absence of weight loss.
Yoga needs no introduction, how useful it is for overall health and wellbeing. It reduces the stress, weight and relaxes the body. It can also be practiced as a supplemental exercise for women suffering from PCOS in order to manage the symptoms in an effective manner.
It is inexpensive, unlike the different medicines and other treatments that women have to undertake to manage not just PCOS, but also all allied problems (like laser treatment for excess body hair).
It is non-intrusive, as it does not involve using any device or medication.
It has no side-effects – except maybe feeling positively healthy and refreshed! While medication may be required to kick the body into action most of the pills prescribed affects and alters the body chemistry, often leading to undesirable side-effects.
- Performing Yoga improves Fertility: Yet another symptom of PCOS has reduced fertility because of imbalances the hormones. Yoga poses helps to enhance blood supply to the brain which in turn facilitates to restore hormonal balance. Certain poses also stimulate the functions of the thyroid gland and increases the chances of conception.
- Daly performing Yoga helps in weight Loss: The major symptom of the PCOS is the weight gain. Yoga helps in reducing the weight through burning the calorie by boosting up the metabolism.
- Yoga Gives Relaxes to the Body: Stress has severe negative impact on PCOS, and it is necessary to relax the mind in order to keep cortisol levels under control. High cortisol levels show itself in the form of testosterone which, in turn, promotes weight gain. The soothing and calming effect of yoga helps to alleviate stress and reduce the levels of stress hormones in the body. Yoga relieves the stress by relaxing the body.
- Here are some of the most effective yoga asnas for PCOS.
- Baddhakonasan, or Butterfly Pose
- Supta Badhakonasana, or Reclining Butterfly Pose
- Bhujangasan, or Cobra Pose
- Naukasan, or Boat Pose
- Dhanurasan, or Bow Pose
- Balasana, or Child Pose.
- Marjariasana, or Cat Pose
- Bitilasan, or Camel Pose
- Prasarita Padottanasana, or Wide-legged Forward Bend
- Padmasan, or Lotus Pose
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana, or Bridge Pose
- Paschimottanasana, or Seated Forward Bend
- Shalabhasana, or Locust Pose
- Malasan, or Garland Pose
- Breathing has great importance in any kind of performing asana’s. In yoga there is a proper pattern to when you need to inhale and when you should exhale. Along with that, yoga also has a separate set of ‘exercises’ that focus only on different methods and techniques of breathing.